The California Psychological Inventory™ (CPI™) assessments are powerful tools for helping individuals improve their performance and enabling organizations to find and develop high-potential employees and leaders and cultivate a rich pool of talent for building organizational success.
The CPI™ instruments help people gain a clearer picture of their personal and work-related characteristics, motivations, and thinking styles—as well as how they manage themselves and deal with others—and provide a view into their strengths and developmental opportunities.
The CPI™ model helps individuals discover their orientations toward people and interpersonal experience, toward rules and values, and toward their inner feelings. Participants’ results in these areas indicate which of four different ways of living, or lifestyles, best describe them and provide insights about how they see themselves and how they are seen by others.
Explore the CPI™ Model
How They Help
The CPI™ assessment is ideal for a wide range of applications, including:
- Leadership development—help individuals and organizations identify leadership strengths and developmental opportunities
- Performance improvement—increase leaders’ self-awareness and help them adjust their behaviour
- Succession planning—build leaders at all levels and strengthen the organization
- Selection and retention—help organizations find the right talent and keep them engaged
- Executive coaching—can be used to create developmental plans that empower leaders to reach their full potential
CPI™ Brand Portfolio
While two versions of the CPI™ instrument are currently available, they both provide a flexible framework to create solutions across all areas of professional and personal development.
CPI 260® Key Highlights
- Contains 260 items selected from the full 434-item assessment for more streamlined administration
- Measures responses on scales covering dealing with others, self-management, motivations and thinking style, personal characteristics, and work-related characteristics
- Offers practical, down-to-earth insights for OD, coaching, and HR professionals in a business or organizational context
- Is more business focused and generates leadership development reports that can function as developmental plans and coaching aids
- Generates two reports: Client Feedback Report and Coaching Report for Leaders
CPI™ 434 Key Highlights
- Contains 434 items
- Measures responses on scales covering social expertise and interpersonal style, maturity, achievement orientation, creative temperament, managerial potential, tough-mindedness, and more
- Is designed for professionals who are qualified to use complex assessment tools and have a solid background in personality theory and assessment methodology, as well as experience in the analysis of individual test data
- Generates three reports: Profile, Narrative Report, and Configural Analysis Report
The CPI™ instrument is what we call ‘Restricted’, and you need to be trained and certified to access and use it. This ensures that the instrument is used for the purpose for which it was designed and that it is being administered and interpreted correctly.
We offer a Certification Program that will qualify you in the professional and ethical administration of the CPI™ instrument, and upon successful completion of the program you will become certified to purchase and use both the instrument and its reports.